New testimonial for All-on-4 dental implants by our patient Joanne Smolen
What are All-on-4 dental implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are a dental prosthetic technique where "all" teeth (a full fixed bridge) is supported "on four" dental implants. It is used for the rehabilitation of the toothless dental patient and for those patients who have gum disease or seriously decayed and broken teeth.
When are All-on-4 Dental Implants the Best Option?
The replacement of teeth with implants may be appropriate under these specific oral and historical conditions:
- Prior repeated dental treatments have failed.
- There are not enough teeth or bone to support normal forces of chewing and the effects of (para) function habits.
- The shape of the teeth or bone causes unsightly conditions that can’t be treated in any other way.
- A method of tooth replacement is sought that is not removable and doesn’t cause the embarrassment of gagging and food entrapping characteristic of full dentures.
- The patient’s health, finances and availability of time permits this type of treatment.
When is “All on 4” the best choice?
An “All on 4” style of implant tooth replacement can be an appropriate choice for:
- People who have no natural teeth remaining or some teeth that will need to be removed.
It is also a good second choice for:
- People who have many missing teeth and some natural teeth which are strong enough to be useful almost indefinitely.
- People who have many teeth missing, but the remaining teeth, although damaged, can be restored so they can last 15 to 30 years or longer, with the missing teeth replaced.