Advanced Dentistry with a Gentle Touch
Red Bank & Middletown, NJ
Dr. Robert Korwin, DMD MAGD MICOI
Dental veneers (sometimes called porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are wafer-thin, custom-made shells permanently bonded to your teeth.
📞 Call for an appointment +732-219-8900 or
📋 Fill in our appointment form on our website
Cosmetic Dentistry Veneers
Do you have crooked and stained teeth that are ruining your smile, or do you have excessive gaps between your front teeth that appear unsightly whenever you speak or smile? All these cosmetic problems can be fixed with the help of porcelain dental veneers.
Veneers are thin shell-like coverings made from porcelain that are bonded to the outer surfaces of the prepared teeth with the help of an adhesive cement. The best thing about porcelain veneers is that their shade and color can be exactly matched with your natural teeth, thereby restoring your smile and facial appearance.
Who Can Benefit From Porcelain Veneers?
You can benefit if you have any of the following dental problems:
- Permanent Teeth Stains – developmental teeth stains such as those caused due to fluorosis during tooth development, are permanent and cannot be removed through any type of chemical teeth whitening procedure. In these cases, porcelain veneers are very useful in hiding these teeth stains.
- Gaps Between Adjacent Teeth – teeth gaps, also known as diastema not only ruins your smile but also creates difficulties in eating and speech. Porcelain veneers can be efficiently used to cosmetically restore the gap between these adjacent teeth.
- Crooked Teeth – dental veneers can also be used to restore the shape of crooked or misshaped teeth.
How Are Porcelain Veneers Prepared?
Fabrication of porcelain veneers is an exacting process and therefore it is carried out in multiple steps:
- Tooth Preparation – for the placement, a cavity is prepared on the front surface of the teeth by slightly removing some tooth structure, such that the cavity has the same shape and thickness as that of the veneer.
- Making an Impression – next, your dentist will make an impression of the prepared tooth and send it to the laboratory. Back at the laboratory, a gypsum study model will be made from the impression that will be utilized in the fabrication of the veneers.
- Placing the Veneers – once they are sent back to the dental office, your dentist will first “try” them on your teeth first to make sure that they fit properly and their shade matches with your adjacent natural teeth. Once you and your dentist are satisfied with the fit and esthetics of the veneers, they will be permanently attached to the teeth with the help of an adhesive cement.
How Long Will My Porcelain Veneers Last?
They are quite strong and durable, and can therefore last for up to a decade if they are looked after properly. You should take care, not to eat hard foods directly from teeth that have veneers, as it can result in their dislodgement.
Can My Veneers Be Bleached Like My Natural Teeth?
Unlike your natural teeth, coffee or tea stains cannot be removed from dental veneers. In cases where porcelain veneers become stained, they need to be changed.
What to do if my Veneers get dislodged?
Don’t worry if the get dislodged. Simply visit our dental office and Dr. Korwin will attach them to your teeth again.
A beautiful and charming smile is just few steps away from you! Get your veneers today and say hello to a beautiful and attractive smile.